Quote: “Social media is part of our world… So, we don’t realize we’re using it to numb. We don’t realize we’re needing this instant gratification to avoid our deepest wounds.” – Lucas Salame
This episode has been a long-time coming and I’m so excited to finally share it with you. After appearing on his podcast, The New Age Sage, I just knew that I had to bring Lucas Salame onto The Brave Table. Our conversation is raw, uncut, and most definitely courageous. For such a young man, Lucas shares deeply profound insights about owning emotions, shedding shame, and redefining masculinity. His transformational journey is inspiring for any generation. Let’s get into it!
In this episode, we talk about…
- Recovering in isolation from drug addiction and seeking help after attempted suicide during traumatic times.
- Unpacking psychiatric misdiagnosis, electing for a cold turkey detox, and learning the how to’s of self-help.
- Acknowledging the detriments of instant gratification to the mental health of teens and young adults.
- Addressing shame and how the contradictions of societal expectations contribute to the wounding of men.
- Giving value based on function, or conditional love, and the trauma it creates in children.
After a life or death awakening experience, attempting suicide due to the side effects of over eight psychiatric medications, Lucas Salame had the choice to keep following the path of a drug addict or to pull himself out of darkness. He chose to address his inner wounds, move past the stigma of being labeled bipolar, and commit himself to deep contemplation.
Through prioritizing his health and well-being, as well as sharing his experiences with others, Lucas no longer uses drugs to escape. Instead, he channels his energy into what he believes is his true life’s purpose–being a voice and creating a community for those who have experienced mental health issues.
Lucas dedicates his time to providing an abundance of resources to assist those on the healing path though his show, The New Age Sage Podcast, and his expansive archive of written content.
Grab my 5x award winning book that will change your life here, thatsuckednowwhat.com
Join my weekly reset community here for FREE to help you brave conversations, & take brave actions in your life https://yourweeklyreset.com/
Connect with Lucas:
- Follow him on Instagram @lucas__salame.
- Visit his website www.new-age-sage.com.
- Watch episodes of The New Age Sage on Youtube.
- Listen to Lucas’s interview with Neeta on Apple or Spotify.
If you loved this episode…
- Learn more from Episode 97: What the Medical System Doesn’t Tell You About Being Healthy, Diets, & Emotional Health With Mona Sharma. Apple | Spotify
- Feel to heal Episode 74: How To Heal Past Wounds, Integrate, and Build Radical Self Awareness with Dr. Neeta Bhushan. Apple | Spotify
- Awaken with Episode 36: How to Awaken the Artist Within with Garrain Jones. Apple | Spotify
In a fast-paced world that often neglects emotional and mental health, how can we better address the unmet needs of today’s youth?
Join the conversation on Instagram @thebravetable!
Hey loves! Take just 2 minutes and find what YOUR emotional type is by taking
my FREE quiz here → theemotionalreset.com/quiz
For a weekly dose of my hacks, tools, & tips to emotionally reset, join my 27,000 newsletter here at → yourweeklyreset.com
If the only thing you do today is head over to iTunes, we would love your support in allowing us to expand and GROW! Please consider taking just 5 mins to write us a 5 -star review. It would mean the world, and allows us to get even bigger guests. When you do, please send a screenshot of your juicy 5-star review to firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll send you a FREE GIFT of my 12-month self- care calendar.