The end of summer signals the start of school and changes that require flexibility during the transition. It’s hard to get everyone on board. In this episode, I get real about my own experiences as a mother and the challenges of parenting, particularly during times of stress. The overwhelm and exhaustion felt by moms, dads, and kids alike are signals of the body’s need for restoration. No one is immune from a dysregulated nervous system. Everyone deserves to regain balance and calm.
In this episode I talk about…
- Seeking comfort through activities like binge-watching, aimless scrolling, or turning to food or alcohol.
- Recognizing the body’s need for compassion through rest and self-care.
- Teaching children valuable skills for managing their own emotions and stress.
- Creating healthy rituals to regulate the nervous system and connect as a family.
Connect with Neeta:
- Follow her on Instagram @neetabhushan.
- Follow The Brave Table on Instagram @thebravetable.
- Grab my 5x award winning book that will change your life here, thatsuckednowwhat.com
- Join my weekly reset community here for FREE to help you brave conversations, & take brave actions in your life https://yourweeklyreset.com/
If you loved this episode, you’ll love…
- Episode 149: Emotional Hygiene: How to Repair & Be with Your Emotions When They Get Out of Control. Apple | Spotify
- Episode 111: Red Light Therapy, Detoxing, and Wellness Biohacking for Men and Women with Lauren Berlingeri. Apple | Spotify
- Episode 103: The Importance of Self-Care and Nervous System Regulation with Alexi Panos. Apple | Spotify
How do you recognize the signs of a dysregulated nervous system in your own life, and what are some effective ways you’ve found to regulate and restore balance?
Join the conversation on Instagram @thebravetable!
Hey loves! Take just 2 minutes and find what YOUR emotional type is by taking
my FREE quiz here → theemotionalreset.com/quiz
For a weekly dose of my hacks, tools, & tips to emotionally reset, join my 27,000 newsletter here at → yourweeklyreset.com
If the only thing you do today, is head over to iTunes, we would love your support in allowing us to expand and GROW! Please consider taking just 5 mins to write us a 5 -star review. It would mean the world, and allows us to get even bigger guests. When you do, please send a screenshot of your juicy 5-star review to email@example.com and we’ll send you a FREE GIFT of my 12-month self- care calendar.