Quote: “When we are our true, authentic selves and honor that in ourselves, that is only, honestly, when the magic happens.”
– Dr. Laura Berman
The wisdom shared by today’s guest, Dr. Laura Berman, would have completely changed my life when I experienced loss and grief as a young girl. Laura, a world-renowned therapist and author, opens up about how her closest connections have inspired her career path. She shares how her relationship with her parents, estranged sister, and son–who died from a fentanyl overdose–each had a transformative impact on her work and perspective.
In this episode we talk about…
- Being raised by parents in a narcissist-codependent relationship.
- Becoming interested in understanding sex, love, and relationships due to a parent’s addiction.
- Losing a child due to fentanyl poisoning and fully experiencing grief.
- Communicating with loved ones beyond the physical.
- Shifting focus to help others connect with themselves, heal, and manifest.
Dr. Laura Berman is a world-renowned and well-loved sex, love and relationship therapist. She earned two Masters Degrees and a PhD from New York University, and has spent the past 30 years devoting her career to helping others learn to love and be loved better from a mind, body and spiritual perspective.
Dr Berman has been sharing her wisdom in public forums for decades. She was a regular guest on The Oprah Winfrey Show and has since continued to be a sought after expert, frequently offering advice on-air and television. She has appeared on almost every major daytime and national news television show, and been featured in most major news and magazine publications in the United States. Dr Berman is New York Times best selling author of 9 books, and an award-winning syndicated radio host. She currently hosts the popular love and sex advice podcast, The Language of Love.
Connect with us!
- Follow her on Instagram @drlauraberman
- Follow @neetabhushan & @thebravetable
- Follow her on YouTube @drlaurabermanofficial.
- Check out her website for FREE resources.
- Join the Manifestation Mondays Club.
- Listen to the Language of Love Podcast.
Hey loves! Take just 2 minutes and find what YOUR emotional type is by taking
my FREE quiz here → theemotionalreset.com/quiz
For a weekly dose of my hacks, tools, & tips to emotionally reset, join my 27,000 newsletter here at → yourweeklyreset.com
Start your 10 day- emotional reset with me here for $97! Theemotionalreset.com
If the only thing you do today, is head over to iTunes, we would love your support in allowing us to expand and GROW! Please consider taking just 5 mins to write us a 5 -star review. It would mean the world, and allows us to get even bigger guests. When you do, please send a screenshot of your juicy 5-star review to email@example.com and we’ll send you a FREE GIFT of my 12-month self- care calendar.
If you loved this episode, you’ll love…
- Episode 160: Awakening to the Divine & Manifesting a Fulfilling Life Through Contrast with Colette Baron-Reid. Apple | Spotify
- Episode 127: Stepping Into Your Purpose After Loss or Grief with Dr. Neeta Bhushan. Apple | Spotify
- Episode 65: Transforming Loss, Cancer, & Big Trauma Into Fuel for Kindness with Mike Kim. Apple | Spotify
What are some ways you’ve personally experienced or witnessed the transformative power of allowing yourself to fully feel and embrace grief as a means of healing?
Join the conversation on Instagram @thebravetable!