Quote: “Every system of oppression and power thrives when we do not. And, they thrive by stripping us of our humanity, of our capacity for joy and meaning and connection and belonging.”
– Dr. Tanmeet Sethi
Today’s guest is the incredible Dr. Tanmeet Sethi, author of Joy Is My Justice: Reclaiming What Is Yours. After Aiyla was born, I faced my own challenges as a new mother of two while writing That Sucked. now what? Tanmeet, mother of three, was still a practicing medical doctor while writing hers!
This conversation is the best of both worlds. Logic and emotion. With some scientific explanations, Tanmeet explains how she continually turns the tables on pain, transforming it into pure joy! Together, we unpack the fascinating idea that joy isn’t just a feel-good emotion; it’s a potent form of justice.
In this episode we talk about…
- Navigating the complexities of raising a child with chronic illness and tapping to the inner strength.
- How stimulating the vagus nerve can lead to feelings of safety and motivate positive change.
- Practical tips for integrating joy into daily life, including movement and mindfulness practices.
Tanmeet Sethi, MD is an Integrative and Psychedelic Medicine Physician, TEDx speaker, activist, author of Joy Is My Justice. She has dedicated her career to caring for the most marginalized patients in Seattle’s refugee, uninsured, and homeless populations. She is also an advocate for the health concerns of global communities traumatized by manmade and natural disasters.
In her clinical practice, Tanmeet weaves modern and ancient medicine to catalyze the most profound healing from within. She has integrated her training in functional medicine, fellowship training in Integrative Medicine, and her conventional medical training with her psychedelic training to create a unique approach to healing that acknowledges our own innate body’s wisdom.
Hey loves! Take just 2 minutes and find what YOUR emotional type is by taking
my FREE quiz here → theemotionalreset.com/quiz
For a weekly dose of my hacks, tools, & tips to emotionally reset, join my 27,000 newsletter here at → yourweeklyreset.com
Start your 10 day- emotional reset with me here for $97! Theemotionalreset.com
If the only thing you do today, is head over to iTunes, we would love your support in allowing us to expand and GROW! Please consider taking just 5 mins to write us a 5 -star review. It would mean the world, and allows us to get even bigger guests. When you do, please send a screenshot of your juicy 5-star review to email@example.com and we’ll send you a FREE GIFT of my 12-month self- care calendar.
Connect with us:
- Follow her on Instagram @tanmeetsethimd.
- Follow @neetabhushan @thebravetable
- Follow her on Facebook @tanmeetsethimd.
- Take the Your Path to Joy Quiz.
- Get your copy of Joy is My Justice.
If you loved this episode you’ll love…
- Episode 133: Unleashing Your Inner Rule Breaker & Reclaiming Your Health Against all Odds with Pilar Gerasimo. Apple | Spotify
- Episode 97: What the Medical System Doesn’t Tell You About Being Healthy, Diets, & Emotional Health With Mona Sharma. Apple | Spotify
- Episode 85: The Real Meaning of Self-Care and How To Maintain Health for the Long Run with Dr. Gabrielle Lyon. Apple | Spotify
How can you shift your perspective and approach to holistic health to embrace joy as a fundamental form of justice and healing, especially in the face of adversity and challenge?
Join the conversation on Instagram @thebravetable!
Let’s Fly Forward Together at Sri Sri Ravi Shankar’s Art Of Living Center, for my 3-day intensive retreat. Book your weekend oasis with me at this exclusive wellness weekend, where I will be your guide here