Quote: “I know for a lot of mamas, we want to do all of the things for our kiddos. We want to have and do all the best celebrations for them. And honestly, it’s kind of at the expense of ourselves.”
Hey, loves! In today’s episode of the Brave Table, we talk about protecting one’s energy, especially during the festive season. As mothers, we often find ourselves over-committed and overwhelmed with holiday preparations. Listen in as I spill the tea on how to actually protect your energy – including the freedom to change plans, keeping spaces untidy if needed, and avoiding unnecessary comparisons. Join me as we touch more upon self-awareness of triggers, compassion in interpreting others’ actions, and considering the unseen struggles people might be facing.
In this episode I talk about…
- Freedom to change plans: changing plans or canceling commitments last minute; exercising the concept of “ultra-canceling” to avoid overcommitting.
- Avoiding comparisons by resisting the pressure of societal norms and focusing on what feels right for you and your family to protect your energy.
- Choosing events wisely and avoiding events or gatherings that don’t align with your energy
- 12-Month Self-Care Calendar: our very own 12-month self-care calendar to help you protect your energy throughout the year. Receive the calendar as a free gift by submitting a five-star review on iTunes!
Connect with Neeta:
- Follow her on Instagram @neetabhushan.
- Follow The Brave Table on Instagram @thebravetable.
- Sign up here and begin having Brave Conversations at 50% off today
Hey loves! Take just 2 minutes and find what YOUR emotional type is by taking
my FREE quiz here → theemotionalreset.com/quiz
For a weekly dose of my hacks, tools, & tips to emotionally reset, join my 27,000 newsletter here at → yourweeklyreset.com
Start your 10 day- emotional reset with me here for $97! Theemotionalreset.com
If you loved this episode, you’ll love…
- Episode 43: Solocast: How To Do the Work and Begin Healing Situations that are Triggering. Apple | Spotify
- Episode 150: Embodying the Life You Want to Live with Roxy Saffaie. Apple | Spotify
- Episode 103: The Importance of Self-Care and Nervous System Regulation with Alexi Panos. Apple | Spotify
How do you balance holiday expectations for others and prioritize your well-being?
Join the conversation on Instagram @thebravetable!
Give the gift of Brave Conversations! No more ghosting, avoiding, suppressing, or denying your bold voice. As a Brave Table listener you get 50% off the long awaited course. Sign up here and begin having Brave Conversations, with bold action in 2024. Claim it here at neetabhushan.com/braveconversations.
Let’s Fly Forward Together at Sri Sri Ravi Shankar’s Art Of Living Center, for my 3-day intensive retreat. Book your weekend oasis with me at this exclusive wellness weekend, where I will be your guide here
If the only thing you do today, is head over to iTunes, we would love your support in allowing us to expand and GROW! Please consider taking just 2 mins to write us a 5 -star review. It would mean the world, and allows us to grow our audience to have even more insightful guests for you! When you do, please send a screenshot of your juicy 5-star review to email@example.com and we’ll send you a FREE GIFT of my 12-month self- care calendar.