Quote: “It’s okay to sit in the suck. It’s okay to sit in the discomfort of those emotions. And, it’s okay even if you’re at the stage and you wanna numb it, you wanna distract, you wanna avoid, you wanna bury.” – Dr. Neeta Bhushan
Hey there, Brave Table family! In this episode, we’re diving deep into a topic that’s close to my heart: grief and loss. I’ve walked a LONG path with these emotions. In fact, I’d say I know them intimately. If you’re new here, my journey with both began after losing both of my parents and one of my brothers before I turned 19. That’s a lot for a young girl to handle.
In this heartfelt conversation, I share my journey and insights on how to deal with grief in all its forms. We’ll talk about how our unresolved relationship with it can affect our connections with others and why it’s crucial to address. I’ll share how I’ve navigated various life stages, like motherhood, and how they impact our capacity for emotional availability.
We’ll explore how grief isn’t just about losing loved ones but also about losing parts of ourselves, friendships, and even those little things that mean the world to us.
In this episode I talk about…
- Recognizing and honoring the multi-faceted forms of grief.
- Acknowledging and supporting children in their grief processes.
- Processing grief in relationships and navigating seasonal changes.
- The ongoing nature of grief and the ways in which it can resurface unexpectedly.
However they arrive, by chance or by choice, grief and loss can be as tough to let go of as the people they’re associated with. I hope this episode encourages you to embrace your emotions, sit with discomfort, and allow yourself to feel and heal. Remember, you’re not alone in this journey; you’ve got soul support.
Connect with Neeta:
- Follow her on Instagram @neetabhushan.
- Follow The Brave Table on Instagram @thebravetable.
- Sign up for the FREE That Sucked, Now What? Healing & Release Workshop.
If you loved this episode you’ll love…
- Episode 138: How to Fully Feel Your Emotions & Regulate Your Nervous System with Dr. Neeta Bhushan. Apple | Spotify
- Episode 29: How to Take Life One Day at a Time & Radical Presence Through Divorce, Grief & Motherhood with Daniela Woerner. Apple | Spotify
- Episode 23: Navigating Through Grief, Sex, And Comedy with Kelsey Chittick. Apple | Spotify
How has grief and loss impacted your life, and what strategies have you used to navigate and heal from these experiences?
Join the conversation on Instagram @thebravetable!
Hey loves! Take just 2 minutes and find what YOUR emotional type is by taking
my FREE quiz here → theemotionalreset.com/quiz
For a weekly dose of my hacks, tools, & tips to emotionally reset, join my 27,000 newsletter here at → yourweeklyreset.com
If the only thing you do today, is head over to iTunes, we would love your support in allowing us to expand and GROW! Please consider taking just 5 mins to write us a 5 -star review. It would mean the world, and allows us to get even bigger guests. When you do, please send a screenshot of your juicy 5-star review to email@example.com and we’ll send you a FREE GIFT of my 12-month self- care calendar.