Quote: “I knew that if I were to stay… like I didn’t want to live a lie, so I just decided and I actually created the foundation of where my goals came from actually. I was like, ‘Okay, so I might get disowned by my parents because I’m queer, so what I’m gonna do is I’m gonna study really hard, get into a good college, get a good job, make my, like, get a good career, and then make my own money so I can live my own life and love who I want.’”
– Angel Trinidad
Do you have something you are deeply passionate about yet struggle to share?
Angel Trinidad, the creative force behind Passion Planner shares her inspiring journey from feeling lost and depressed to sparking a global movement with her innovative planners. It’s a tale of redefining what success means, juggling life’s complex challenges, and standing firm in your true identity amidst cultural and family pressures.
Angel’s story is a powerful reminder for anyone trying to find the balance between who they are, where they come from, and where they’re headed. And this episode is filled with juicy boldness you need to hear to chase your dreams.
In this episode, we talk about…
- How gentle productivity emphasizes the importance of balancing structure and flexibility.
- Navigating the challenges and triumphs of embracing one’s true self while cultural and familial expectations.
- Redefining success on your terms and the role of adaptability and resilience in life’s transitions.
- Breaking down larger goals into manageable steps for consistent, incremental progress.
Angelia “Angel” Trinidad, a first-generation queer Filipina American, is the founder and CEO of Passion Planner. She created those famous planners that have gone viral in recent years.
After graduating from UCLA with a BA in Art and a minor in Arts Education, Angelia found herself depressed, spiraling down, and struggling to find direction. Embracing the motto, “It doesn’t have to be perfect, it just has to start,” she took the leap and created Passion Planner, a paper life coach, from her parents’ garage. Since then, Passion Planner has helped over 3 million people dedicate more time towards their goals and their passions with less stress and more fun.
Passion Planner’s mission is to help create a world where everyone has the courage, tools, and community to build their ideal life.
Connect with us:
- Follow Angel on Instagram
- Follow @neetabhushan & @thebravetable
- Visit the Passion Planner website
- Follow Passion Planner on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter
If you loved this episode you’ll love…
- Episode 189: Honoring Your Mental Health with the Millenial Therapist Dr. Sara Kuburic Apple | Spotify
- Episode 188: How to Embrace Change & Commit to a New YOU in 2024 with Alyssa Nobriga. Apple | Spotify
- Episode 183: Filipina On The Rise and Creating A Movement Based on Passion & Purpose Apple | Spotify
How do you balance your personal identity, cultural expectations, and professional goals to maintain a true sense of self?
Join the conversation on Instagram @thebravetable!
Give yourself rest, renewal, and moving forward in 2024. I’ll be leading my 3-day retreat at the beautiful sacred grounds of Sri Sri Ravi Shankar’s Art Of Living Center. Bring a buddy, or room with someone new. Get out of your comfort zone and pour into you this year, book your weekend oasis with me at this exclusive wellness weekend, where I will be your guide here.
For a weekly dose of my hacks, tools, & tips to emotionally reset, join my 27,000 newsletter here at → yourweeklyreset.com
If the only thing you do today, is head over to iTunes, we would love your support in allowing us to expand and GROW! Please consider taking just 2 mins to write us a 5 -star review. It would mean the world, and allows us to grow our audience to have even more insightful guests for you! When you do, please send a screenshot of your juicy 5-star review to email@example.com and we’ll send you a FREE GIFT of my 12-month self- care calendar.